Our recently refurbished Tennis Courts are open from 06.00am until 21.00pm all year round.
The Tennis Courts are part of the outstanding leisure facilities made available to our guests to use free of charge and are situated in the lower grounds of the hotel – ideal for a private game of tennis. You can obtain your tennis racket and balls from the main hotel reception.
During the summer months, tennis lessons are available, please contact hotel reception for more details.
Anyone for Table Tennis?
Why not come and enjoy a game on our brand new state of the art table tennis table. Located next to our outdoor heated swimming pool in our beautiful grounds, what better way to relax and unwind with friends or family.
Open 7 days a week 6am – 8pm for residents only, simply contact our Reception team to borrow the necessary equipment for your game.
The Violet’s Beauty studio can cater for all of your beauty requirements and our expert beauticians are available for all to use, not just guests of the hotel.
Here are just some of the treatments that are available –
- Semi Permanent lashes
- Bespoke Massage
- Teeth Whitening
To see the full list of what Violet’s Beauty can do for you, check out everything that’s available at www.violetsbeauty.co.uk
To book an appointment simply call the salon on 01277 225411.
Open all year round, 24 hours a day.
There is no charge to hotel residents for the use of our gymnasium.
We currently have a limited number of private memberships available for our gym, for further details please contact our gym manager Neil on 07763 179716.
- Regrettably non-residents are not allowed to use the gymnasium or other facilities, without prior authority of the hotel manager.
- No persons under the influence of drink or drugs are allowed to use ANY hotel facilities.
- Persons under the age of 16 are not allowed use of our gymnasium unless supervised by an adult.
- Please do not use our gymnasium if you have a heart condition or any similar medical condition whereby strenuous activity may be harmful to your health.
- Our guests will also find a very wide range of exercise instruction charts that are “specific equipment related”. All gymnasium facilities have appropriate signage regarding the use of the equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
The gym is equipped with private separate male & female shower rooms for your comfort & convenience so you may freshen up after your workout & return invigorated.
Please return the key to reception once you have finished.
Please enjoy our gymnasium and facilities – but enjoy them safely.
The swimming pool is open seasonally from mid May until mid September. The pool opens 7 days a week, from 8am until 8pm.
There is no charge to hotel residents for the use of our swimming pool. Please note the following rules apply:
- The swimming pool is cleaned on a regular basis, and during these times persons are not allowed to use the pool due to the chemicals being used.
- No persons under the influence of drink and drugs are allowed to use any hotel leisure facilities.
- Regrettably we do not allow any glass vessels to be brought within the pool area for obvious reasons of safety.
- Persons are not allowed to use the swimming pool outside of the hours stated as the pool may at these times contain dangerous levels of cleaning chemicals.
- Persons under 16 are only allowed in the swimming pool if supervised by an adult, one adult per child.
- Guests may use the gym’s changing rooms (key available from reception), whilst visiting / leaving the pool.
- The swimming pool is staffed during busy periods and supported by CCTV at all times.
We respectfully suggest that upon arrival poolside guests acquaint themselves with the location of the flotation devices nearby. A full list of swimming pool rules are on the notice board next to the swimming pool, it is in the interest of all hotel guests using the swimming pool to read these rules and ensure that they follow them.
Please enjoy our swimming pool and surrounding areas – but enjoy them safely.
Guests wishing to visit the hotel’s private nature reserve will be pleased to discover it is only a short stroll from the terrace at the rear…..
…..venture beyond the ornamental pond located behind the swimming pool and you will find one of the 2 entrance gates.
Our nature reserve is an area of outstanding natural beauty & biodiversity, home to an ever-expanding range of local & migratory wildlife, no hunting or trapping, legal or otherwise has been allowed in our reserve for over 35 years. Once inside, you will see evidence of the great storm of 1987 in the form of felled trees, resting where the storm left them! You will also see our natural lake, established for over 100 years & home to a thriving eco-system.
Please note, that once inside the nature reserve, you will be in a wild environment with natural hazards i.e. the occasional falling branch, naturally formed bodies of water etc, we suggest that you exercise caution and stick to the paths denoted by orange striped logs and be especially careful around the lake periphery whilst inside.
Nature Reserve Rules;
- Regrettably persons under the age of 16 are not allowed into the reserve (for reasons of safety) unless supervised by an adult or guardian above this age.
- Only residents of DeRougemont manor may have access to the nature reserve, non-residents may be permitted by prior arrangement.
- Please take care whilst you are in our nature reserve and treat the countryside and woodland with the respect it deserves. Please do not litter.
- There are 2 main entrance/exit points, it is important that you leave the area as nature has made it! Please shut and padlock the gates upon entering & exiting the reserve, this will prevent any other unwelcome visitors from entering and possibly putting themselves in danger.
- We respectfully request that visitors wash their hands & footwear upon returning to the hotel.
- Please return the key to reception once your visit is over.
- There is of course no charge for visiting the reserve, like nature itself…it’s free!
Please enjoy the beautiful surroundings in our nature reserve – but enjoy this area safely, we suggest that you take a fully charged mobile phone with you on your visit in the unlikely event that you may need assistance in any way.
Please collect and sign for the key from reception.